Friday, October 26, 2012

It's a _____?

The clock says 3:30am Hawaii time. Back at home, Kim and Jason are getting ready for their doctor's visit. Today they find out whether they are having a baby boy or baby girl.

The entire family is on alert.

I got up early and walked into the closet, sat Indian-style on the floor, holding my cell phone in my hands. As I closed my eyes, I felt the tears well-up and my heart start racing. I could feel Jason's anticipation and excitedness as he paced the waiting room floor. Kim, always the calm one, elated from the inside out.

A prayer and a blessing, I waited for the phone's message.

"It's a boy!!!"

He is going to be the smartest and most inquisitive boy to grow up with. What a sweetheart!

Our hearts are full and ready to share this lifetime with him. We are still smiling over here. Happy. Blessed. Grateful.


No comments:

Post a Comment