Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Ahhh, The Joy of Vacations

It has been some time since my last post. I not only feel as though I have neglected the writer aspect of me, but the chance to stay in touch with those of you who mean so much. So here I am.

Hawaii. Every picture in your mind and breath of fresh air you conjure up as you imagine a cobalt blue ocean against the black lava rocks and coral crushed sands with dancing palm trees spotted in just the perfect outlines of the shore is here and well. The change of scenery and opportunity to put my toes in the sand has been a gift. Not to mention the fact that our time has felt unlimited. No rush to fit every excursion and adventure into 7 days. Taking a full month to experience the life and ways of island living has been a blessing.

Life here is simple and casual on the big island.

The routine starts with a conversation with my husband, "Where do you want to go today? Shall we go for a walk or go out to eat breakfast?" Really big and difficult questions to answer. But decisions all the same. Thankfully, we do both.

But food is always in the picture. You may not know this about me, but the conflict of weight gain is a daily conversation topic I have inside my head. And with the "vacation" mindset, my decisions have been a bit too "yippee-ki-o" lately.

My inner dialogue usually goes something like this -
"That waffle looks good."
"It does, but then you will have to take a nap later."
"I know, but you haven't had one in so long."
"I know, but it looks so good."

The dialogue used to last for many minutes before I made my breakfast order. Thankfully, now I cut to the chase and already know my answer.

"Order anything with more good fruits and veggies than anything else."

Honestly, breakfast is my simplest "choose healthy" meal of the day.

That's my update for now. Ahhhh...the joys of vacationing.
"What?" My husband Kelly is calling me from the other room.
"Time for lunch?"
Gotta go.

Love to all of you.



No comments:

Post a Comment