Saturday, April 28, 2012

Just in Time is Now

Mom and I went away last weekend up to our home in Sedona. Together, we finished my book, Just in Time. She encouraged me and kept me on track, even through the difficult chapters. I am so blessed to have such wonderful support and her history of our family is so helpful.

Here is a small piece from "Yoga - Grandma's Story" Enjoy.

One Saturday morning, at the age of five, I woke up, still in my pajamas and walked in on Grandma who was in her headstand. “Hi, Honey.” Grandma towered out of the floor like an inverted statue in the middle of the room. Her feet dangled above the edge of her pant legs. She had no problem talking, even when she was upside-down. “How did you sleep?” That’s just like Grandma, keeping up with a conversation even on her head.

Grandma lowered one leg down after the other and sat up on her knees. She looked exactly the same to me from the time I was little until the time before she died. Her natural grey hair hung straight in a short bob, about chin length. Her eyes wide, bright and focused. Her arms and legs, dance-like and flexible, always in motion.

“Come here and get on the floor with me.” Together we reached and stretched, twisted and lengthened, breathed and sighed. “You always learn something new about yourself.”

-- Karen Rose Callan, Just in Time

No comments:

Post a Comment